Navigating the New Title IX Proposed Regulations.
The U.S. Department of Education recently released for public comment proposed changes to the regulations that help elementary and secondary schools and colleges and universities implement this vital legislation.
While it is likely to be many months before we know the full scope of the newly proposed changes to Title IX regulations and what they mean for your institution, now is the time to begin the planning process and consider how you will need to adjust your policies and procedures to address and prevent discrimination at your institution.
In this webinar, Marsh and Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd. joined for an overview of the proposed changes and actions your organization should consider as you prepare for the upcoming school year.
Why Title IX and Compliance are critical:
Claim activity and claim awards are increasing in many of the areas addressed by Title IX such as bullying, discrimination and sexual harassment.
The new regulations address some key areas such as:
- Recipient’s response to discrimination and sex-based harassment
- Protections for students and employees who are pregnant or have pregnancy-related conditions
- Updates to protections for LGBTQI+ students for discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and sex characteristics
- Updates for required communication of non-discrimination policies with all students
- Updates to reporting requirements and grievance processes
A replay of the event as well as a copy of the presentation with panelist contact information can be found below.