Do you wish to leave our website?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. In more than 130 countries, our experts help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive.
We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. To every client interaction we bring a powerful combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance programme management services.
Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include businesses, government entities, multinational organisations, and individuals around the world.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With 65,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
The History of Marsh
Marsh has a rich heritage, spanning over 140 years. Over our long and distinguished history, we have built up an incredible knowledge base to address tomorrow’s most challenging risks.
Under the name Marsh & McLennan Companies, Marsh has existed since 1871 and has been a pioneer in risk and insurance services for over than 140 years. Throughout, we have demonstrated our industry leadership in numerous ways.
- We introduced the concept of the insurance broker acting as a buyer of insurance on behalf of clients, rather than as a seller of insurance. Today, we continue to add new value for clients through innovative insurance programmes and efficient placement processes.
- We pioneered the concept of self-insurance, with associated risk management actions to mitigate exposures. In 2009, our Risk Consulting Practice in the UK was named as the best risk management service provider in the European Risk Management Awards.
- We were the first broker to send risk experts to a catastrophe site - San Francisco in the aftermath of the earthquake. We are leaders today in evaluating catastrophe risk for clients and using the latest catastrophe modelling techniques.
- We arranged the first 'space-bound' life insurance coverage for Mercury astronauts. Currently, Marsh has the largest Aviation account world-wide.
- We introduced a suite of merger and acquisition solutions covering tax opinions, representations and warranties, and litigation buyouts to facilitate transactions and enhance their value. In 2005, our market-leading Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) Practice were advisers to over 400 deals in Europe.
Marsh in Asia
Marsh understands risk better than anyone else in Asia.
Being the world’s most populous region, Asia is a fast growing market and plays an essential and dynamic role in the global economy. It is the hub for many global industries, such as manufacturing, infrastructure development and high-tech.
However, opportunity never comes without risk. Companies operating in Asia - large or small - face a constantly changing risk landscape. Marsh understands cost containment is as important as risk management. We work with you to understand your business first, then provide customized and innovative risk management and insurance solutions to help your business succeed.
In Asia, Marsh is represented in:
- Hong Kong
- Myanmar (Representative Office)
About Marsh Japan
Today Marsh Japan, Inc. is the leading insurance advisor and intermediary in the rapidly changing insurance marketplace in Japan, which has undergone substantial consolidation and deregulation since the financial "BIG BANG " in 1997.
Marsh Japan's expertise work closely with clients to perform extensive analyses of their risk exposures. Those findings guide us in developing tailored insurance and other risk management solutions to meet client's specific needs.
About Marsh & McLenann Companies
Marsh is a member of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a global professional services firm with 65,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $14 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies also is the parent company of Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. Marsh & McLennan Companies’s stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges. Marsh & McLennan Companies’s Web Site iswww.mmc.com.