As the world moves toward a greener future, investments in renewable energy are on the rise. However, the transition to clean energy sources also brings disruption to the whole energy value chain. The risk landscape is rapidly changing for renewable energy investors, operators, and technology manufacturers.
Some of the key risks facing renewable energy stakeholders include:
- Understanding local government policies and regulatory requirements to construct and operate renewable energy assets.
- Unlocking access to capital and designing cost-effective insurance programs for all stakeholders to make projects bankable.
- Securing appropriate insurance coverage during construction and operational phases.
- Protecting renewable energy assets and infrastructure from severe weather events and natural catastrophes.
- Understanding emerging technologies and how to integrate them into existing networks.
- Protecting against income loss in the event of business interruption.
Marsh’s global team of renewable energy specialists and risk engineers can keep you informed about renewable energy developments and help you manage your risks and opportunities.