Financial Advisory Services
How an organization prepares for and manages financial issues prior to or after a business-impacting event can often mean the difference between remaining successful and being left behind.
Marsh Advisory provides clients with strategies and risk-based solutions that help our clients across all industries worldwide meet the challenges posed by unexpected events and stay ahead of the competition.
When a financial issue calls for forensic accounting, dispute advisory, valuation, insurance claim, or construction consulting expertise, our professionals’ unmatched knowledge, technical skills, and experience can add value at the most critical times.
Marsh Advisory's multi-disciplinary team provides expert assistance in the quantification and measurement of values, damages, economic claims, and losses that can help you improve your insurability, achieve a superior recovery, and/or minimize losses resulting from catastrophic events, litigation, or disputes.
Our team includes certified public accountants, chartered accountants, professional engineers, forensic engineers, attorneys, forensic accountants, certified fraud examiners, former insurance adjusters, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) specialists, valuation experts, certified appraisers, and project managers, who deliver world class forensic accounting, investigative, construction, valuations, dispute advisory, and insurance claim preparation and advisory services.
Working as one global team with an integrated view of risk and recovery and consistent processes, our combined expertise provides you with tailored solutions to meet you specific needs. We are able to respond and react with our dedicated staff anywhere in the world, assisting you with local language, customs, and regulatory issues.
Large casualty and property losses following a catastrophic event or dispute can be extremely complex from a data and stakeholder standpoint. Complex management issues may exceed the scope of your resources and capabilities. Our team of professionals provides you with proactive, on-the-ground support worldwide to help you calculate, defend against, and analyze damages — allowing you to stay focused on your employees, operations, and customers.
Our services include:
- Post-Loss Measurement and Claim Preparation — Swift delivery of assistance in quantifying losses and presenting insurance claims for all types of losses, including FEMA eligible and uninsured losses, liability claims arising from product defect claims, construction claims, and cyber interruption and data breach loss claims.
- Reconstruction Advisory — Assistance with reconstruction project management including construction project planning, oversight, and financial recovery support to help you prioritize action plans against the needs of your business.
- Fraud, Fidelity, and Liability Claims — Assistance with preserving and recovering evidence and interviewing employees to measure economic damages that can help to increase the likelihood of a full insurance recovery, while minimizing investigative costs.
- Dispute Resolution — Assistance with dispute advisory, expert witness testimony, and litigation support throughout the dispute resolution process designed to help you resolve issues in an expeditious and cost-effective manner.
Our team also can help you prepare for a financial issue or unforeseen event, which can mean the difference between success and lost business as well as profits. We can help you guard against damage, protect stakeholders, and gain competitive advantage should the unexpected occur. We provide:
- Insurance Valuation — Proactive property valuation and business interruption calculations, including contingent business interruption and cyber-interruption, to help you identify appropriate levels of coverage to maximize your financial stability in the event of a loss.
- Fraud Finder – Forensic financial analytics and on-site investigation to identify and confirm the controls in place (or lack thereof) and/or prevent fraud, which enables decisive action to be taken or assurance that fraud has not occurred when suspicions arise.
- Project Governance and Risk Assessment — Proprietary processes to assist you with capital projects, identifying existing and potential areas of exposure during the construction project lifecycle.
- Project Performance Review — Construction auditing and project review processes to provide your project management team with the tools and data needed to minimize schedule delays and cost overruns, helping to keep a project on track.
We support our work with two powerful tools that assist in expediting and managing your risk or claim management project.
- An electronic collaboration platform that enables designated users to share information, manage documents from start to finish, and review and provide comments.
- A robust, easy-to-use tool that compiles, manages, and distributes large amounts of claim data.