Natural Hazard Solutions
Natural hazards such as earthquakes, hurricanes, hail, and floods can have a profound impact on a business. While such risks are unpredictable, they can be managed.
Through a combination of innovative risk mitigation and risk transfer, a company can exercise optimum control over its property exposures.
Marsh Advisory helps companies manage the risks associated with natural disaster by analyzing and modeling how an event can affect a single facility and then ripple through the enterprise's operations. By qualifying and quantifying potential risks, we develop comprehensive plans for mitigating exposures and applying the appropriate operational, financial, and strategic risk management techniques.
Our strategic solutions include:
- Maximum foreseeable loss studies.
- Corporate vulnerability assessments.
- Insurance purchasing/risk transfer.
- Captive insurance development.
- Disaster recovery and emergency response planning.
- Capital and resource allocation.
- Business continuity management and planning.
- Building improvement.
- Site selection and acquisition.
We use state-of-the-art computer modeling to analyze risks to property and business operations resulting from natural hazards. The model draws on a worldwide database containing historical and probability related information - and incorporates your buildings' and operations' specific characteristics - to determine your loss potentials.
Our analyses are instrumental in:
- Estimating property damage potential.
- Estimating business interruption loss potential.
- Evaluating cost effectiveness of risk management strategies.
- Developing emergency response or business continuity plans.
These techniques also play a vital role in determining the precise limits and deductibles an insured requires in its property insurance program, while giving Marsh's placement professionals a platform from which to negotiate the broadest terms and conditions with underwriters, at the most competitive premium available in the insurance marketplace.