How Risk Professionals Can Protect Intellectual Property
Intellectual property, including registered rights such as copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets, is a principal risk for many organizations today — especially communications, media, and technology (CMT) companies.
This short webcast covers the basics intellectual property protection and key considerations for risk managers, their board of directors, and other risk professionals, including:
- An overview of patent and trademark protection.
- The differences between tangible assets and intellectual property.
- Significant court rulings and legislation regarding intellectual property.
- Why the “Inter Parties Review” or an ipr action is sometimes referred to as the “patent death squad.”
- How to protect trade secrets and guard against cyber espionage.
- Intellectual property risk transfer solutions.
The webcast was hosted by Marsh’s Communications Media, and Technology Practice leader Tom Quigley and featured an overview from Karl Pedersen of Marsh's Commercial Errors and Omissions (E&O) Practice.