Labor and Employment Law: What to Expect in 2017
In today’s rapidly-changing political environment, many aspects of workplace law face an uncertain future. Laws which, under the previous administration, were considered more “employee friendly” may come under fire and enforcement rules are in jeopardy of disappearing altogether.
In this complimentary webcast, experts from Marsh, Mercer and Jackson Lewis P.C. discussed specific areas of labor and employment law that employers should follow carefully in the coming months, including:
- The use of executive orders to alter the workplace law landscape.
- The new Department of Labor Secretary.
- Potential rollback of Fair Labor Standards Act “white collar exemption” rule by the Committee on Education and the Workforce.
- A renewed focus on employer compliance, with less emphasis on strict enforcement of rules.
- Employment practices liability and wage and hour insurance-related considerations for employers.
- Pre-loss activities to mitigate claims and litigation.